Wednesday, August 10 2011 @ 10:09 am IST
Contributed by: Admin
because mechanisms involved are different and hence management also differs.
Gleaning various research papers published in this topic the following generalizations can safely be made.
1. Nasal polyposis affect 2-5% of general population
2. Nasal polyposis is seen in 5% of atopic asthmatics
3. Nasal polyposis is seen in 13% of non atopic asthmatics
4. Course of nasal polyposis in asthmatics are generally severe
5. Aspirin induced asthma has the highest prevalance of nasal polyposis
6. Females with nasal polyposis are more likely to be asthmatics
7. Nasal polyposis in middle age females always indicate aspirin hypersensitivity
8. Presence of nasal polypi in children indicate cystic fibrosis / immunodeficiency